• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi & Redirect Pages

sealuva

Oct 26, 2010
I am not sure where to post this thread but since this seems to affect all Droid phones. I can connect to WiFi anywhere except one setup with a Redirect Page. So to clarify it further. I see a WiFi signal and connect to it with no problem. Now at work we have no password set to connect to the WiFi, but you do have to be redirected in your browser so you can add the username and password there. My problem is it doesn't take me there. It just gives me an error like if I do not have internet access or connection. This happens with a Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1 and all other Droid phones. I've tried Dolphin Browser and the one I currently have of Boat Browser. Of course the default browser does not work either. It just irks me that Iphones connect with no problem and you get to the redirect page, but none of our Droid users can get this to come up. I've read threads with no real answer or fix. All takers are welcome.

You should be able to connect to those networks, I've never had a problem on buses or in pubs with all my android phones. So it'll either be something in your browser settings interfering or the wifi network itself.

Do you have pop-ups blocked? If you do unselect.

Which useragent are you using? If you're not using desktop give that a try

I don't know if those will make a difference but worth a try.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones