• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi/roaming (sorry, sure its already been asked before!)

Hi guys. I will be visiting the US from Australia in a few weeks and I want to make sure I don't get charged for any roaming or data roaming while I'm there. I have had my international roaming deactivated and unticked most everything in my settings, including Data Roaming and Mobile Network.

However, I do still want to be able to use WiFi. Is this possible even if international roaming is deactivated? I also read something about having to connect through your gmail??

Also, do all downloaded apps work on WiFi? In particular Twitter and Facebook.

Thank you! :)

Take a look at SimpleMobile. I bought a one-month sim with unlimited data, unlimited texts (inc international) and unlimited US calls for a holiday in Boston. Cost $80 inc $30 activation. There's a cheaper 200Mb sim, I think.

It's a T-mobile brand and I found it completely reliable, though I was always in Greater Boston. Just walked into a shop and walked out connected.

Argel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones