• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi scanning problem with 2.2.2. Time to root?

timn420

Lurker
Jul 2, 2011
I'm running a Droid 1 on 2.2.2 stock and have the infamous wifi scanning issue. When I turn on wifi in settings it will scan but not produce any results, including my home router.

I have another droid 1 (2.2.2) that is also stock. However, it has no problems connecting to my wifi and finding networks.

The only difference between the two droids are the baseband versions.

On the non-working droid:

Baseband version:
C_01.E3.03P

Working droid:
Baseband version:
C_01.43.01P

Both have the samer kernal/build number: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5android-build@apa26#1FRG83G

I've decided that I should probably flash and root the non-working droid to see if the wifi files are corrupted. When I first got the phone it was 2.0.2(?) I wonder if the update to 2.2.2 didn't run right.

Anyone have any suggestions on which roms I should look at going to? Maybe even go back to 2.1?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones