Wifi server errorSupport

Last Updated:

1. dasto

dasto New Member This Topic's Starter

Wifi is on; hotel server found; connected to hotel server; but where do I input the hotel server password? Browser just indicates server error.

I also have my itouch with me and after it connects with hotel server, a sign-on screen comes up and I enter the server password.

Can't get the Captivate to supply a sign-on screen. Is there some other way to enter the server password that was supplied to me?

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Try this: Menu/more/settings/wifi & networks. Now click on the hotel connection and a box should pop up. Enjoy free data complaments of your hotel.

3. dasto

dasto New Member This Topic's Starter

JayC
    I select the hotel; no box pops-up, but it connects and shows connected; then I start the browser but when it tries to connect to a site it errors out stating a server error.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

You could try another browser such as Dolphin. Honestly though many of these log-on portal systems are horribly brain-dead and don't play well with anything but a PC running Windows (and sometimes going as far as requiring Internet Explorer).

As it is, AT&T's own hotspot portals at Barnes & Noble won't work with the Captivate's browser.