• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WIFI signal strength weak on Note 2 SGH-T889 any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lexx0079

Lurker
Feb 27, 2014
Hello Android family, I currently own a Galaxy Note 2 and notice that my Wifi signal strength is really weak. I have my comcast router located in my living room, when I use my note 2 in the living all is perfectly well the strength is great. However if I walk to my bedroom the signal gets extremely weak even to the point where I lose it. I reset my router in hopes I fix the issue, but still no problem solved. I also notice the same problem when I'm somewhere else, for example my relative's house was AT&T WIFI and when I'm near the router I get good signal, however if I walk away the signal gets weak. I attached a photo of my friends Galaxy SIII next to my Note 2 and you can see the WIFI signal strength comparison. Any idea why may causing this issue? I already changed the antenna with a new one thinking that could help me solve the problem but it didn't. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

yrymesuj.jpg

I understand, however it's all I had from the same manufacturer to compare it to. But as for speed difference I haven't done the full comparison with my buddy's phone. When I'm near a router is works great everything loads fast and videos stream great. It's when I walk away from the near router that problem happens. The signal strength weakens as for my friends SIII it's on full wifi signal throughout the house. Thanks for the response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones