wifi simply stopped workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. erikivy

erikivy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I searched but didn't find anything like this. Wifi on my Evo just doesn't work anymore. I've restarted, cycled all the radios (3G, 4G, BT, etc) on and off thinking something might be hung somewhere, but nothing seems to work. I told it to "forget" my router and then re-entered the password, but it still will not connect to my router either at work or at home. The service will start, but it will not connect to any networks. I'm sure it's some setting or perhaps some app I installed, but I figured while I dig deeper into the issue, it couldn't hurt to start a thread here and perhaps get some suggestions.

Thanks!

update: OK, this is nuts, but I hit the sunken "reset" button on the router and now everything works great again. I'm pleased to know there was nothing wrong with the phone, but perplexed about the router. I guess I'll have to dig into the router settings and see if I can figure out what went wrong.

Advertisement
  2. ant0n

ant0n Active Member

Happened to me on my Eris and it happens to me on my Evo. It connects to the router but cannot use it's wifi connection until I reset the router. Maybe an HTC thing?