Wifi sometimes stops when the phone goes to sleepSupport

1. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

I have noticed with my i9505, even though in wifi advanced settings i have the setting to keep wifi on during sleep to to on, it sometimes seems like its off once my phone turns the screen off.

there has been a few times when i have set a few apps to download, then ive let the screen go off a few seconds later, i have then turned the phone back on a few minutes later to find that the downloads have not yet started, and they just seem to instantly start when i turn my phone on.

is this normal?

thanks

James

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You may just need to tweak the screen off time up a bit.. if it's set for just seconds, it may be conflicting with app downloading, etc. Some services which drive the apps and widgets need a bit of time to get going. Networking takes a bit of time, in particular (different from one device to another, especially depending on how many networks are being scanned before it locks to yours, etc).

"..there has been a few times when i have set a few apps to download, then ive let the screen go off a few seconds later.."