Wifi stops working

Last Updated:

1. izmeeh

izmeeh Member This Topic's Starter

A few hours after I have installed the Behold 2 Stock ( No Twiz w/ Root & Busybox ) w/ Update, my wifi stops working. I'm not sure if there is any connections.

My connection will turn blue, but it won't connect. I tried restarting the phone, restored the connections, and set up wifi again. I've turned wifi on and off multiple times. What else can I do? Please help.

Advertisement
  2. WurrzMiKey

WurrzMiKey Active Member

How long do you usually wait after hitting the connect button? I usually just spam until I starts connecting

3. izmeeh

Yesterday, it connected almost immediately after I hit the connect button. A while after that, it stopped connecting. I tried to manually connected it, but that didn't work.

4. WurrzMiKey

WurrzMiKey Active Member

Oh ive always had to press the connect button a couple times before it finally does it. This was before i even started using the roms. If it doesn't work after a few times then I don't know either

5. izmeeh

I have installed Galaxy 1.6 and wifi is working now. Thanks.

6. izmeeh

Arg. Wifi has stopped working again. I know it's the not connection as I'm on the same connection. I turned on wifi, wifi picked up the signal, but it won't connect. Is it possible for my cell phone provider to lock my phone from using wifi? I don't know what to think anymore. Please help.

7. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Not likely. If that were the case, you just wouldn't connect ever (rebooting wouldn't help, for example). When you're out and about, can you connect to other WiFi connections? (Open ones, Hot Spots, etc)

Mine was doing this for awhile with the stock ROM. My computers were fine, my 360 was fine, but the phone would just... Almost never get/keep a connection.

One new wireless router later, and everything's fine (Not saying this is your issue, just throwing it out there).

8. izmeeh

Thanks psz. I'll try to connect to another wifi connection tomorrow.

9. izmeeh

I was able to connect to wifi at work. I'm still not able to connect to wifi at home even though I was able to at one point. Any suggestions as to what to do at this point beside buying a new wireless router?

10. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Borrow someone else's and see if it works? :D

Otherwise, check your settings at home. I really can't think of anything.

11. izmeeh

Thanks, psz, for all your help. It's too bad that all of the connections around here are secured. :)