• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Streaming Intermittent Sound

Streaming music with my Rezound through Wifi results in frequent drops of the sound, lasting up to 2 or 3 seconds each time. This makes streaming through Wifi unacceptable. When I turn off the Wifi and use a 3G or LTE stream music plays uninterrupted. This problem occurs with all my music streaming apps (Pandora, Slacker, Amazon). I checked the Best Wifi Performance box and that seems to help sometimes, but not consistently. I know it is a problem with my Rezound and not my Wifi as my other devices stream just find through Wifi, and speedtest.net confirms I have a 5mb download speed through my phone which is plenty fast.

My Rezound is rooted and I'm running the most recent OTA of ICS. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hmmm... interesting, I have no issues running Pandora or Slacker via WiFi, although I have a faster internet connection your 5Mbps connection should be fine... have you tried changing the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" setting to Always? Otherwise, when the screen goes off, the WiFi is dropped, this might be the issue. You could try changing to the 4.3.605.2 RUU.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones