wifi switching on by itself?General

1. MochaBearX

MochaBearX Member

is any one else having this problem? usually happens when charging, but also happens when im carrying it around in my pocket. Is there a fix for this? Because I feel that its draining my batter quicker.

Advertisement
  2. QingWu

QingWu Well-Known Member

Actually it's a application named connection optimizer did this.
    If you won't this feature, you can go the following menu to disable it:
    Settings>more>mobile networks>connection optimizer

Here is the introduction for Connection Optimizer:
    Connections Optimizer enables Boost to adjust network selection on your Warp Sequent as you move between different coverage areas, dynamically connecting them to 3G, or to Wi-Fi as appropriate. It can provide intelligent data traffic management by encouraging automatic offloading from the cellular network to suitable Wi-Fi networks.
  3. MochaBearX

MochaBearX Member

thank you verymuch!
  4. rlphbgby

rlphbgby Well-Known Member

yeah I shut mine off
  5. peasarecool

peasarecool Well-Known Member

wifi is generally better on battery than 3g
  6. Not Tech Savvy

Not Tech Savvy New Member

I called ZTE's hotline and explained this problem to them and I don't think the woman I spoke to really understood and just to get rid of me told me to reset the phone and it would fix the problem. I'm glad I found this forum and even better thanks to QingWu I now know that there is nothing wrong with my phone and how to stop the wi-fi from turning on by itself. Thanks!!!
    QingWu likes this.
  7. cjnieux

cjnieux New Member

every time my wifi connects both the wifi indicator and bar indicator both go gray. when i shut off the wifi my bars go green. I work in a hotel with free wifi, so it was turning on by itself all the time. I now have it shut off and when I am away from the hotel i will turn it back on