WiFi Teth er with DamageControl 2.1

Last Updated:

1. Factor X

Factor X New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, guys. I just jumped from Fresh 1.1 to DamageControl 2.1. My favorite thing about Fresh was the dead-simple wifi tether program.

Can anyone help me find the equivalent in DC 2.1? It really is the 'killer app'.

Thanks!

FX

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

should be the exact same app in that page. Download one (I went with wireless_tether_1_60_htc.apk, and it seemed to work just fine), put it on your sd card and install using an app for installing apk's from your card (or push it/install it through adb),

mich0020 and Factor X like this.
  3. Factor X

Factor X New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok then. That was more 'installation' than I was prepared for. Do you know of any easy guides on how to pull this off?

Don't want to sound like a newb...

FX

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

easy guide:

1.) Download "Apps installer" from market
    2.) Download wifi tether from internet
    3.) Put wifi tether onto your sd card
    4.) open Apps installer on your phone, select the wifi tether app, and hit "install"
    5.) when done installing wifi tether, run wifi tether

Easy enough? lol

5. jwill182

jwill182 Member

Ok, I have damage control 2.1 and I have a file manager and previously had wireless tether and once I changed to damage control it wouldn't work. So, I erased it and went through the above mentioned steps and downloaded it again and its doing the exact same thing. It opens the application but when I tap to tether, it says "unable to tether, please try again later" every single time. I have rebooted several times, redownloaded several times and tried a different download as well and I cannot get it to work so I am forced to use EasyTether and plug it in to tether now, which is a pain in my ass! Can someone help me out? PLEASE!!

6. mem_reddog

mem_reddog Well-Known Member

I have damageless 2.07 and wireless_tether_1_60_htc.apk works great.

7. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me when I went from Fresh to Damage Control. However, I got it to work by going to the settings in the WiFiTether app. All I did was set up a new SSID name, a new password and I enabled access control. You could also try changing the channel and see if that helps. But I assure you that it does work.