wifi tether and Ese53

Last Updated:

1. mrempp

mrempp Active Member This Topic's Starter

i am using petes new 0.7 rom and want to set up wifi tether but don't want to install a oc'ing kernal. will the rootyourdroid.info method of installing wifi tether work with these new rom's, or is my only choice to intall one of adamz or chevy's kernals?

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Go ahead and install any kernel you want, just don't overclock it. You are in control of what the kernel does...if you don't tell it to do 1GHz or whatever, it won't....

3. mrempp

i understand i don't have to oc with these kernels, i have just read that people are having issues with there phone not waking up when using these kernels. I would like to be able to use the rootyourdroid.info method, and leave the kernal that pete included alone.

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

The one he included is the stock kernel, which I believe, does not support wifi tethering. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (and I well could be, because I don't ever use the stock kernel)

5. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

It should work. It's modifying the kernel, so it's basically the same as adding Adamz or ChevyNo1 kernels to Bugless Beast. I haven't had any issues with it not waking up.

6. mrempp

i believe the method on rootyourdroid.info just modifies the kernel to allow wifi tether, but i may be wrong. hell i'm just going to give it a try and find out.

7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

The wake up issue has gone away for me...haven't seen it in a while now.

I'm using Adamz's low voltage 5-slot kernel...the 1.1 version...these should be the most conservative kernels available now.

It's so easy to do a nandroid backup and revert if you don't like it, just give it a try.

8. mrempp

well using the rootyourdroid.info method got me stuck at the motorola screen, so i guess one of the new kernels may be my only option