• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi tether in infrastructure mode

I am not tech savvy enough to understand the technical definition of an infrastructure mode hotspot, but from a practical point view the problem is the following: most tethering apps create an ad-hoc WIFI network (also called peer-to-peer) which is fine for laptops, desktop PCs, Macs etc, but not for Android JB tablets (like Nexus 7). My Nexus 7 cannot even see an adhoc WIFI connection.
I also tried Bluetooth tethering with PdaNet+Foxfi on my Admire, and PdaNet Tablet on the N7, but for some reason it doesn't work either. Everything seems to be fine (devices paired and connected), but when trying to open a webpage, Chrome says there is no internet connection.
One way or the other, I want to tether my N7 to my Samsung Admire, but so far total failure:(

Upvote 0
You have to change the agent of the browser that happen to me with the 4g I never see 3g have that problem but it happen to me when I was trying to connect my pc connect but the browser don't load in firefox if happe with the pc you need add on for the browser call web agent you can select opera mini or if is for a table try the original Browser or try another one browser with agent settings set that to android

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones