wifi tether is god!

Last Updated:

1. screennamie

screennamie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So for whatever reason today we lost our internet connection at work. Now I work for an airline doing charters and today we added a second flight to each shift. So I tethered my phone for the 3g and just plugged it in at the end of the day to charge it.

Needless to say it handeled 300 passengers/customers easy. Changes, bag fees, checking in and selling for a solid 8hrs today!

I don't think I'll ever get another cell phone ever. Maybe a bigger SD, but phone, probably not.

That is all.

Advertisement
  2. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

I agree with you on not getting another cell phone. The Eris will be the first phone I will ever keep for more than 11 months before getting another. And I love wireless tether too!

3. K0CAW

K0CAW Well-Known Member

Just curious (because I'm a pilot) as to what airline? Also, which tether program do you use?

4. screennamie

Its the 170 pre 2 htc one I found here from the tether thread.

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

As to the airline I don't really want to say. Everyone is getting really touchy about what is put out on the internet FB and boards and such. Looking negatively, advertising and customer privacy and I'd really like to keep my job right now.

But I work for 2 currently and this would be the not so reputable one. Basically a wallyworld of the skies.

5. K0CAW

K0CAW Well-Known Member

Good deal. I've been using the same app. As to the airline, don't worry about it. It's sad that that's the state of the industry at the moment, but I understand how it goes. Just thought I'd ask. :)

6. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

How does your phone not get SUPER HOT using the Wifi Tether? Mine gets to like 115 Degrees F...Which is not too good for it.

7. screennamie

Don't ask me bout the temp. Seemed fine and got a lil warm but nothing that made me think I should stop. I did take off the leather case and leave it naked sitting next to the pc for the best reception though.

I was concerned about having the case on it for the temp reason. But it wasn't like I had to take off the battery cover.

Had to use it again today cause the office pc was acting screwy and I was just like forget it. I can do this quicker and easier with my phone :cool:

I seem to remember reading a few threads about tethering and it being a controversy about Verizon finding out and charging or canceling accounts via easy tether or pda net. Is there an actuall limit I should be keeping my eye on data wise?

8. jms493

jms493 Active Member

Has anyone managed to get the security working? I clicked on the WEP encryption and added a passphrase. When we connect there is no lock and we get right on. I cant get the lock to appear on my netbooks wireless networks screen.

9. screennamie

I don't think it matters. I've heard you can only tether one device at a time to the eris wirelessly.

10. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

"I seem to remember reading a few threads about tethering and it being a controversy about Verizon finding out and charging or canceling accounts via easy tether or pda net. Is there an actuall limit I should be keeping my eye on data wise?"

Ya know, I called in about this because it had me concerned too. And the rep told me an UNLIMITED DATA PLAN, is exactly that. UNLIMITED. She said there is no fine print as far as data caps. But still, the Verizon reps are so inconsistent from one to another so take it with a grain of salt. Shaken, not stirred.