WiFi Tether issue

Last Updated:

1. thatkidmatt

thatkidmatt Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I was finally able to root my phone and I installed WiFi tether following the instructions in the PRS root guide. When i start tethering though I get a message saying "tethering started with errors check log" but the program is "unable to load the log file". Does anyone know what might be wrong?

I followed the instructions of the guide to the T, but I got an error at one point saying that the su folder didn't exist. Everything else seemed to go off without a hitch though... did I lose root when I rebooted?

Advertisement
  2. Bloodborn

Bloodborn Member

It seems like you may have not rooted it fully per say. Bring the phone back up in ADB shell, do a ls /system/bin if there is not a SU in there you will need to redo the rooting. When did you get the su folder doesnt exsist?

thatkidmatt likes this.
  3. thatkidmatt

thatkidmatt Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I kinda figured that was what happened. I redid the whole root process (which was surprisingly easily repeatable - this after too many failed attempts to count), and I have it working now. It would seem I didn't have the su file at all (and hence couldn't push it through adb to my phone). I redownloaded the sdk from the video thread and the process finally worked.

4. Bloodborn

Bloodborn Member

Great glad to hear you got it rooted, now put the a different Kernal and rom on it lol.