1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Wifi Tether low speed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrananas

Mrananas New Member

Help! The application says that my download speed is around 2 mbps, but when I actually download anything on my laptop I only get an average of 190 kbps. I've tried multiple browsers and downloading games on steam; they download at the same speed. What should I do? (BTW running liberty v2.0)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Are you saying your phone's wifi's radio isn't working properly and you're expecting higher scores?

If so, my phone only goes up to 6.5 mbps or so. If you are using the speedtest app and you are only getting 2 mbps, then call vzw tech support. They may swap your phone out for you.
  3. Mrananas

Mrananas New Member

4. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

Honestly i think thats pushing the tethering too far ;) its not meant to run as well as home internet, be happy with reading websites and maybe a flash game or 2
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I just did a tethered speedtest. I'm only getting .5 mbps. Having said that since tethering violates terms of service, and since we have a long discussion about this subject, here, I'm closing this thread in order to preempt trouble. We've had a lot of contraversy in the past over this. Nothing personal to anyone in this thread. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.