• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi tether my Moment

I am a newb in the phone tec world. I is a growing intrest of mine. I hav a sprint moment. I took it to sprint and had them upgrade to 2.1. What i am wanting to do is root my phone so i can use a wifi tether on it to get full internet on my laptop with http. Can anyone help with step by step instructions. Thanks, sorry for my ignorance!!!!!

ok, here it is guys! I went to Sprint and downloaded the 2.1 installer upgrade. Followed the installer, everything went perfect. Updated to 2.1 on my moment. Then i found out that I had to root my phone to be able to use a wifi tether. So I went to sdx developers and downloaded the first installer from the two options available. Started the installer, followed it exactly and i ended up with my original 1.5 back on my phone. Help I am sooooooooooooo confused????? Can any one help with a step by step. Sdx was confusing. Thanks

Upvote 0
You probably got the CL14 installer. You can then use that to load a custom recovery app onto your phone, then go here:

SDX-Downloads : Haxsung Custom ROM Kitchen

And download a zip that gives you the kernel you desire. The above page also has a file you can download to use with the Samsung updater that will load the custom recovery onto your phone.

Since the last couple post's have been fairly vague i'll explain it in detail. This link will provide you with the stock 2.1 update with recovery already included.

SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-forcsytos-recovery-3.0.8.tar

Once you download that, place the .tar file (dont decompress just copy it just as it is) and place it in your \program files\samsung electronics\swupgrade\models\binary folder. The file that is in there is the stock 1.5, move or delete this file and make sure only the new de03 .tar is in there. Run the upgrade and follow the directions exactly. Once its done and reboots you now can place update.zip you created from the kitchen on the root of the sdcard (not in any folders, as soon as you open the drive). Now reboot holding vol. down + end + call....this brings you into recovery mode where you can now load the update.zip from the sdcard. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones