Wifi Tether on froyo not working with access control

Last Updated:

1. canhead64

canhead64 Guest This Topic's Starter

i have droid on latest froyo and i can't get access control in the wifi tether for root users to work, at all. if i turn it on no matter whether my pc is checked or unchecked on the list i can connect but it says no internet access on my pc.

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Have you changed your LAN settings? I changed mine from 192.168.1.0/24 to 10.10.3.0/24 and was not able to get anything but a local connection. The only LAN I can use is 192.168.1.0/24 to get an internet connection.

Also, I have been using this with access control ON without any problems with the access control. I believe that they way it is supposed to work is that if you have a device disabled in access control, then that device will not even be able to connect locally.

The only other thing I have found is that the WEP encryption doesn't work and breaks WIFI Tether. I was trying to use WEP encryption and would be connected locally for about 20-30 seconds and then be disconnected automatically. I turned this OFF and it all works properly again.

So, to sum up, check your LAN settings and try using just 192.168.1.0/24. Try turning OFF WEP encryption.

Let us know if any of those work.

Kratos

3. canhead64

i don't have any encryption on cause i live out in the country but i want access control to keep other family members off my phones internet and trying to use it to watch netflix.

oh and its no go on the ip change

if the box is checked does that mean the connected pc is allowed or not allowed cause neither will work and i wanted to know that way i don't have to test both settings

4. kratos

A check mark is allow and no check mark is don't allow.

I'm a little stumped now. Maybe try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it.

Kratos

5. canhead64

tried it, and i've also tried reflashing my phone and rerooting it and also a different kernel but nothing works. just won't let me

6. kratos

7. mhornfeck72205

mhornfeck72205 Active Member

figured Id dig this up since its relevant to my problem. Having the same exact issue. It works without access control, but once I turn it on, no settings will get me wifi.

OP, have you figured your problem out yet?

8. hikersc

hikersc Active Member

I had to try a lot of combinations of kernels and various experimental builds of Wireless Tether for Root Users to come up with the right combination that would allow WiFi tethering with Access Control and WEP. One combination that did work with the Froyo (FRG22D) stock ROM was the Slayher 1000 Mhz version 1.6 kernel and the 2.0.5-pre7 build of Wireless Tether.

I am now running a Chevy kernel as part of the CHARITY Smoked Glass V.11 ROM and it also works with the 2.0.5-pre7 build.

I couldn't get much of anything to work with the market download that I believe is version 2.0.2 of Wireless Tether.

9. Shenyu

Shenyu Member

I am having the same problem too :(
    when I turn on the access control then the internet wont work.

10. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member

I can't get it to work with or without access control.

Under the Show Log screen it says Unknown device-type. Your device is not supported. Yet it used to work fine. Galaxy S.