• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Tether program for the F6?

Wow, that's a whole lot of intensive and potentially dangerous work to maybe get wifi tethering to work.

Head on over to pdanetdotco, get setup with FoxFi and PDANet and you'll be tethering via USB in 5 minutes. There's no rooting, no editing system files. You install the app on your phone, install PDANet on your computer, it walks you through interfacing the two devices and you're done. It also hides your tether usage which that WiFi mess definitely does not do.

The free version will make you restart after you receive so much data (it's not a lot) but the registration key is like 8 dollars. Well, well worth it. In the time it's taken you to read this, you could already be tethering. :)

Upvote 0
Yes it is a bit complex but it has its purpose. I almost never tether with my PC and almost always tether with my nexus tablet and older phones that I use for media players so WiFi is necessary. Unfortunately kitkat broke the ability to Bluetooth tether and even before that Bluetooth tethering only worked with the stock browser and there is no way to USB tether with a tablet.

Upvote 0
mobileethering.jpg
Head on over to pdanetdotco, get setup with FoxFi and PDANet and you'll be tethering via USB in 5 minutes. There's no rooting, no editing system files. You install the app on your phone, install PDANet on your computer, it walks you through interfacing the two devices and you're done. It also hides your tether usage which that WiFi mess definitely does not do.

One small problem Benny Pdanet does not hide your access with 4G they way it did with 3G! they want additional funds which I wouldn't mind except the newer 4G signal is weaker than the 3G i had before!

I think the Wifi Tethering, when working bypasses the above additional funds requirement! Unless of course I am doing something wrong with PDAnet! Which IS possible since i cant get WiFi tethering to work either!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones