Wifi Tether to iPad

Last Updated:

1. masterjedi73

masterjedi73 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else. i've searched and can't find a solution....

I have a rooted droid 2.2 (easy root). I'm trying to use wifi tether to my ipad, but it won't connect. I've reset the network connections. Thoughts?

thanks.

Advertisement
  2. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Install a different kernel? I've always used ChevyNo1s, wifi tether works right off the bat.

3. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

Google "wifi tether for root". You should find the Google code website that hosts the project. There are several different versions of the tether app listed in downloads. Try different ones until you get one that works. also, make sure you have the access control set to disabled. I usually have to start and stop the tether a few times before it will take; ie, turn off tether on phone, turn off wifi on ipad, turn on tether on phone, turn on wifi on ipad... and repeat.

4. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

But let me add, once I did get tether working to the ipad I didn't have to do these steps any more

5. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

I use Barnacle with the stock kernel. All you have to do if you use that app is turn off the the WPA auto. If you goto barnacle's website it says right on the front page the exact option to turn off for the droid with 2.2.

6. masterjedi73

masterjedi73 New Member This Topic's Starter

Awesome. After working on it for a while this morning, I put it away and turned everything off. When I turned it on to try some of these tips, it worked right away. not sure why, but I don't really care. lol

thanks, guys.