• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] Wifi Tether with PC possible ?

Hey guys,

I installed the clockworkmod, with the superadmin, and downloaded the Wifi Tether, I know its possible to use internet on your PC with the USB plugged into your phone and PC, when I open the Wifi Tether, all my tablets and iphones, connect to the internet using the N860 3G internet perfectly. My only question is, if my laptop is finding the hotspot on my phone and I press connect, its establishing a connection, but I cant get the internet working on the PC, what needs to be done, to send the wifi tether to the pc to make the internet work on the laptop ? Does anyone know.??

What needs to be installed or settings needs to be changed on the PC.

When you connect with your tablet, or iphones, once connected internet is working perfectly, it doesnt work for the PC.

Can someone tell me, what needs to be done, to have internet on the laptop from the 3G of your N860 to your PC wirelessly? What settings need to be changed or altered.?

Public doesn't want you tethering because the data is unlimited... I think their proxy prevents Microsoft base system to work with their Internet... the reason I say this is because I run Ubuntu(linux) and i have no issues... And a friend of mine does the same thing but he uses a windows base pc... the only difference is that he uses a unmodified version of the warp cream sandwich rom and has the boost mobile proxy which still works but when you are going to use a exclusively Canadian internet sevice(like siren) it tells you that you are in the states and that you need to be in Canada to use these services...

Upvote 0
Public doesn't want you tethering because the data is unlimited... I think their proxy prevents Microsoft base system to work with their Internet... the reason I say this is because I run Ubuntu(linux) and i have no issues... And a friend of mine does the same thing but he uses a windows base pc... the only difference is that he uses a unmodified version of the warp cream sandwich rom and has the boost mobile proxy which still works but when you are going to use a exclusively Canadian internet sevice(like siren) it tells you that you are in the states and that you need to be in Canada to use these services...

I understand that. I installed clockworkmod, then I installed superadmin, is there any program out there, that blocks the proxy that allows access for the laptop to connect the phone with wifi. Im using wifi tether, all my tables and iphones connect through that program no problems, only the windows doesnt connect, what needs to be installed on the computer to allow access to that program. ? Do you know.

Upvote 0
I understand that. I installed clockworkmod, then I installed superadmin, is there any program out there, that blocks the proxy that allows access for the laptop to connect the phone with wifi. Im using wifi tether, all my tables and iphones connect through that program no problems, only the windows doesnt connect, what needs to be installed on the computer to allow access to that program. ? Do you know.

What needs to be installed on your computer is linux... otherwise use pdaned3.5 it has a client software for pc that works around that. Or alternatively you can rock the boost mobile proxy...

Upvote 0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8wmu039hs8fzwm/Barniclewifi.apk#

Try this ... found it here...

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-warp-all-things-root/629091-hot-spot.html

Also I was messing arround with the proxy... It might be a little tricky for you but first find yourself a good canadian proxy. In the system/etc/custom_config/app/settings folder there is a xml file called secure_conf.xml. If you edit it you will find the public mobile proxy change it for the one of your choice. This has to be done before the rom is installed or else it doesn't work.
Also, there is a line in the very same xml for "tether supported" with a value of "0" change it to a "1" and the tether menu will no longer be hidden. this will allow you to use the stock usb tether and you will not require pdanet3.5... for wifi however it does not work, you will have to use "wifi tether for root user" but changing the proxy does indeed give windows users the ability to tether with their PMI_N860... Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Use Klink.

Your welcome ;-)

Tried it with that too, doesnt work. It connects, but doesnt work the internet. I dont know why, any other company where when you open the hotspot, you can connect your laptop easily, but the PM doesnt let you connect wirelessly on your PC. There has to be a way to allow the PC to connect wirelessly. Something can be probably changed somewhere. What needs to be modified to allow full access.

If tablets, and iphone and all that connect to the wifi tether with ease, why cant the laptop connect.

Upvote 0
Tried it with that too, doesnt work. It connects, but doesnt work the internet. I dont know why, any other company where when you open the hotspot, you can connect your laptop easily, but the PM doesnt let you connect wirelessly on your PC. There has to be a way to allow the PC to connect wirelessly. Something can be probably changed somewhere. What needs to be modified to allow full access.

If tablets, and iphone and all that connect to the wifi tether with ease, why cant the laptop connect.
I say again... it is microsoft based devices. they are blocked on the pmi proxy.

Upvote 0
actually I'm sorry I was wrong... when i tried it I tried it on Google and quickly... its weird.. Google works but that's it.... also found that in testing settings you can go to the phone settings you can turn on dns which is natively turned off...anyways gonna install windows on my computer and keep trying... I'll let you gys know and again I'm sorry for the false info...

Upvote 0
ok guy ive search about all those ting for a dam while!!!
yes you can connect to your computer microsoft based whit you cellphone and im gonna told how really easy =)

the firts way i found is the less attractive i tink,you are having ads (ad blocker block then but its not really cool beacause they give you the software free because of the add...)
its call hotspotshield.
basicallythis software is made for private navigation but if found its also allow you to browse ont the internet and make everyting work but whit add and slower...all go to their server and etc....

after that i knew i have to find another way..better and faster =(

and this is where i fin USER AGENT yay user agent!!!

the user agent is availlable i guess for all browser(dont know for ie)
i use chrome and whit the one call "google spider's agent"
i am availabe to browse like absolutely noting

everyting is fast everyting is cool you dont need anyting else....BUT
its alwais faster to go whit pdanet bcauz its plugged in....

there is also another one like hotspod shield but its bad big time..its like a made in china and run server in china one..the icon is yellow...

good thetering everyone

lphylosoph

Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0
ok guy ive search about all those ting for a dam while!!!
yes you can connect to your computer microsoft based whit you cellphone and im gonna told how really easy =)

the firts way i found is the less attractive i tink,you are having ads (ad blocker block then but its not really cool beacause they give you the software free because of the add...)
its call hotspotshield.
basicallythis software is made for private navigation but if found its also allow you to browse ont the internet and make everyting work but whit add and slower...all go to their server and etc....

after that i knew i have to find another way..better and faster =(

and this is where i fin USER AGENT yay user agent!!!

the user agent is availlable i guess for all browser(dont know for ie)
i use chrome and whit the one call "google spider's agent"
i am availabe to browse like absolutely noting

everyting is fast everyting is cool you dont need anyting else....BUT
its alwais faster to go whit pdanet bcauz its plugged in....

there is also another one like hotspod shield but its bad big time..its like a made in china and run server in china one..the icon is yellow...

good thetering everyone

lphylosoph

awesome man ill give it a try later...

Upvote 0
tried google chrome, tried all the user agents , only google works.
i dont have a user agent called spider, but looking for it.
man this sucks lol

The funny thing is that when I hate the old android I think it was the zte n762, foxfi installed perfectly on it and was working perfectly without root, and all my devices were connected, with this version that software seems to crash on the n860. Go figure that out

Upvote 0
The funny thing is that when I hate the old android I think it was the zte n762, foxfi installed perfectly on it and was working perfectly without root, and all my devices were connected, with this version that software seems to crash on the n860. Go figure that out

Ya I have A n762... It's a slow phone but very reliable once you get the bloatware out...

I'm working on something right now for the public mobile Warp.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones