WIFI Tether Without Rooting?

Last Updated:

1. Dasin

Dasin Active Member This Topic's Starter

There has to be a way to wifi tether your G1 without rooting it because. i know for the people out there who dont have time to put up these threads are really having a hard time rooting there G!

People put up indtructions and in the instructions there allways something wrong, or it does not play out the correct way as the instructions says.

Bottom line is there a way to WiFi tethering applicationw we can use on the g1 WITHOUT rooting

Advertisement
  2. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

There is a program on the market called PDAnet. I is made by a company called June Fabrics. Although I have not used it on android I did use this program on my Treo and know that they are a trusted company. It was said at one point they had to throttle the through put of the program to comply with the market regulations. At one point I think it was removed from the market but I think it is back if not go to their website. (Google June Fabrics). I believe for android it is free for http traffic so you would only need to upgrade to the paid version for ftp or some other kind of traffic. But have read reviews that if all you want is casual web browsing it works fine. There may be a speed advantage to the paid version but I am not sure, hope this works for you.

3. Dasin

Dasin Active Member This Topic's Starter

yeah i usedpdanet, but with that program, and u cannot download big files because the program just shuts down, they told me downloing the ne one will fix the issue, but pdanet is a good at it work fine, also i found a way to finaly root my g1, thanks for your help.