• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFI Tethering App That Supports Port Fowarding

tubnotub1

Lurker
Feb 23, 2012
Not sure where to post this so hopefully I can get some answers here, and if not a mod can move it to the correct sub-section of the forums. Basically I am looking for a WiFi tethering app that will allow me to set up port forwarding, DMZ, etc. An app that allows me to turn my HTC Rezound into a fully featured router (or as close as I can get).

I have already downloaded multiple apps off the Android Market and have not found one that works. If anyone has any idea which apps I should be looking at (or even if this is not possible) I would love to know.

Misc info: My phone is not currently rooted, and I have very little experience rooting android devices (prior to this phone I was iOS). I am looking to setup the port forwarding so I can utilize my Vita's remote play functionality while I am traveling. Currently if I connect my Vita to my Rezounds wifi network it will not connect to the PS3, but if I am on my home network it connects just fine.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones