• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi tethering question

Will there be other tethering options other than Ad-Hoc? My previous phone, the Touch Pro 2, when unlocked had a WiFi tether that wasn't Ad-Hoc.

Is the WiFi tethering program that is installed when you Root the only option available right now?

what? i had a Touch Pro 2 and i know it was an ad hoc connetion. I remember because i had a zune hd which doesnt support adhoc and it wouldnt see it to download my zunepass music

Upvote 0
I've tried everything in this thread, and my laptop still won't connect. Signal is strong as hell, but I can't get any pages to connect/load

did you perform the wireless N hack? or the overclock kernel that has the wireless n hack included?

If so is your laptop wireless N capable?

when you perform the wireless n hack it broadcasts your tether with wireless n. so if you dont have a wireless n capable laptop switch back

also try downloading the newest apk for wifitether at http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

Upvote 0
I cannot get AndroidTether to show up in the available networks list on either my windows laptop or my macbook. Does anybody have any suggestions? When I type in the network by hand, I get a connection timeout error. Not sure if that will help or not, but thought I would give any and all information that I had.

i had this problem when i pushed the apk during the root process a couple times, i uninstalled it an reinstalled it from the market and it worked fine.

Upvote 0
I cannot get AndroidTether to show up in the available networks list on either my windows laptop or my macbook. Does anybody have any suggestions? When I type in the network by hand, I get a connection timeout error. Not sure if that will help or not, but thought I would give any and all information that I had.

Try changing the channel it's broadcasting on. 1, 6, and 11 are the ones you'll want to try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones