WiFi Tethering, Questions about Settings/setup

Last Updated:

1. chevboy_0

chevboy_0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried to use Wifi tethering last night but for some reason I couldnt get it to work I have the Wifi For Root users App downloaded and when I connect the USB cable the phone recognizes it and says tethering is active but the network wont appear on my phone. Is it a problem with my phone or Computer? My comp is an Apple IBook G3 12.1" and the phone is running UD8 eXtreme and ChevyNo1's 1.25 Lv kernel.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

well.. there are several things here

if your using Wireless Tether, USB cable is not needed. You can hook one up to keep the phone powered, but it is not needed to tether.

But since you say you hooked up a USB, it kind of implies you might be trying PDAnet?

These are 2 different things.

I suspect you want to do the first method and so try this for a mac... open your Network Preferences and highlight "Airport" in left column. Then, on right side, under "Network Name" you will see "Android Thether" in the drop down list. Select that and apply and then your Airport icon up in the menu bar will change to a grey icon with like a phone in it (it will no longer be the standard 4 airport signal bands)... viola.

a G3 is pretty old :)