1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

WIFI that works in some places and doesnt work in othersSupport

1. Keane16

Keane16 New Member

Hey everyone..just bought a ray yesterday and loving this phone so far..however my wifi tends to be a bit strange..like it works in one house perfectly and doesnt work in mine(it connects..shows a connected and yellow bar then disconnects immediately)then i went out to a public place to check if it works and it did but when i went to another place(it connected..stayed on the yellow bar and no internet access). is there something wrong with my piece ?if not , how can i fix it..im leaving the country in a few days and have no way to return it once i go so i would like to resolve this problem...

also, how do i access regular gprs or 3g on this phone?

thanks for reading and hope to resolve this cause i really like this phone so far :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. kauvio

kauvio Member

I believe that yellow bar occurs when the wifi network does not have internet access or poor signal.
    It could be the router restricting connectivity on your phone. I would check the settings on your router/wifi network.

If you are sure the wifi network allows your phone to have internet access then there is likely something wrong with your phone. Exchange it before you leave!

Which firmware version are you using? Gingerbread or Ice cream sandwich? The wifi in GB is not perfect. In ICS though there is no problem.

For 3G, depending on which version of android you are using,

1. you have to make sure your mobile network is 3G - "Network Mode" has to be WCDMA or equivalent, depending on the technology used by your network provider.

2. Then find somewhere in your network settings "Data enabled" is checked.

3. Lastly, your APN (Access Point Names) - the phone can sometimes automatically detect this. But if nothing happens after step 1 and 2 then you will have to manually enter the settings - check with your network provider for the configurations

Glad you like the phone though