1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Wifi Timer Notification - Can I turn this off?Support

1. Owenski

Owenski New Member

Morning All,

I've had a quick search and cant find anything similar to this on the forum (hence why I joined so I could ask for myself).

I use WiFi at home but do not have access to it at work so I have the timer mode enabled. IMO this is a fantastic feature although I'm not yet sure if this does actually help or hinder my battery performance.

Anyway my frustration with it is that twice a day I get notified that my WiFi has either been turned off or turned on as per the timer settings. This additional notification really bores me I mean FFS it was I who set those settings in the first place, I know when it should be on/off. In addition it tells me my connection at the top, if its WiFi is active I can see the status icon anyway. So before I poke out my own eyes in pathetic irritation of this notification is there anyway that I can keep the timer enabled but to have the notifications of its actions no longer pop up?

FYI this is a Galaxy S4 running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 <<I'll add this into my sig.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to AF! :)

I take it the WiFi Timer is a device specific feature? I can't see it on any of my devices.

You can disable notifications in jellybean by long pressing the icon in your notification pull down, then app info, then unchecking show notifications. Not sure if that will work here though, but no harm in giving it a go.

What about disabling it completely and using a specific app for that sort of thing?

Llama might do what you're asking: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama