Wifi to PC file transfer????

1. mwterry81

mwterry81 New Member

Ok I am fairly good with any tech but I have found no way to send or pull files between my Moto Droid and my PC over my Wifi in my home. Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be done? It would be a lot faster than having to plug in every time you want to transfer things wile not having to be right at your desk.

Advertisement
    :
    benjaminc likes this.
  2. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

EStrongs File Explorer in the market.
    benjaminc, Wooby and JediJesus like this.
  3. mwterry81

mwterry81 New Member

That is the best app yet!!! thanks a lot this saves me so much time:)
  4. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

DroidBox, free in the Android Market. Hook it up to your Dropbox account. :D

Dan
  5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Also FTPServer does this.
  6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Estrongs file explorer or swiftp both work for me
    benjaminc and heat57 like this.
  7. deman89

deman89 Well-Known Member

SwiFTP is amazing!
  8. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

9. Reap

Reap Well-Known Member

websharing and phone portal
  10. eebvending

eebvending New Member

+1 for Websharing
  11. doad13

doad13 Well-Known Member

I have Estrongs on my phone and was wondering how i access my desktop pc? I have files i want to send over but each time i try and access my pc on my phone it says 'login failure- try new user name/password?'

Anyone have an idea on what username and password to enter?
  12. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

also Homepipe is amazing.
  13. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Try a (X) with "Anonymous"
    Edit: Did you enable the file directory (the share) in windows?

Harry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  14. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

Use the username and password you use to login to your windows account. You might have to create a password on your windows account to have this authenticate if you don't have on already.

I'm using Windows 7....

David
  15. doad13

doad13 Well-Known Member

That could be why I don't have a password Il try it when I get home, and am on windows 7 x64
  16. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

You also have to share a folder on the windows pc or setup an ftp server on the windows pc.
  17. jonbar87

jonbar87 Well-Known Member

Exactly. You gotta have a username and password setup on the computer before it will work.....just like with most networking situations
  18. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

Thank you! Excellent suggestion. :rolleyes:
  19. neils31

neils31 Active Member

or use dropbox
  20. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

The built-in files app on the D2 allows you to view and move files between the PC over wifi.
    It took me a while to get it to work because my firewall was blocking it.
  21. motomart

motomart Member

What do you mean by "built-in files app"? How exactly did you get it to connect over WiFi?
  22. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Or use the administrative shares (e.g. c$) if they're accessible from your account.
  23. pool_shark

The D2 comes with a file manager.
    You go to the file manager - shared folders - add server, then either enter the name or ip of your PC, or let it scan and find it on its own.

I also just downloaded the smb module for astro file manager, that works too.
  24. motomart

motomart Member

I see... If I remember correctly I can see the shared drive content with the file manager but wasn't able to do anything with the files... no move or copy/paste...

I did other way around and I'm glad I have spent some more time to install Samba server. It works blasting fast, always turns on when it recognizes my home network and I do all file manipulation on my PC instead of a cumbersome and small touch screen. I exactly followed the instructions here http://androidforums.com/incredible-support-troubleshooting/73738-share-files-pc.html#post2122739
    Your phone is acting as any other network share, multiple files drag and drop works great, stays on when your phone locks, starts only when it finds my home network and if you pick-up other WiFi your Samba does not start.
  25. pool_shark

Using the files app I can see and move the files around.
    Using astro smb I can't actually use the files. I read that's a problem with astro smb and windows 7.