WiFi toggle?Support

1. Coolhands

Coolhands Active Member

Just got my Verizon GS4 and I noticed there is no quick toggle for WiFi...
    Is there a certain trick to get it to popup?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

Not in the quick settings on the drop down notification bar?
  3. Is it the "Mobile Data" quick toggle? That seems to turn WiFi off.
    Edit: That seems to turn a bunch of stuff off. I'm mising a WiFi toggle too by the way.
  4. croftyboy8

croftyboy8 Well-Known Member

its in the notification drop down bar, if you cant see it, try swiping left or right after you have pulled down the menu for more options
    damewolf13 likes this.
  5. Coolhands

Coolhands Active Member

Eh sort of. You click on this to setup and connect. Not that big of a deal but I was just wondering if I was missing something here...

Attached Files:

6. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

no wifi toggle in the task bar settings is a bit of any annoyance to me since i had it on my galaxy nexus.

however, if you have wifi enabled in settings and you're connected to a wifi network you can easily turn wifi off from the notification bar. but if you're not connected to a wifi network you have to go back into settings to turn wifi off. it's not a huge deal since wifi uses very little power when it's not connected, but still an annoyance to those of us who like to micromanage that stuff.
  7. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

On my phone the five toggles that appear when you swipe down from the top are

Wi-Fi - GPS - Sound - Screen Rotation - Bluetooth

So I can just turn wifi off by swiping down and tapping the wifi icon. This is the default list so you or someone else must have edited your list to get the set you have.

If you swipe down with two fingers you get the whole set of toggles so you can turn wifi off that way.

Also, if you swipe down with two fingers there is a little pencil icon at the top. Tapping this will allow you to edit what appears in the list that you get if you swipe down with only one finger.
  8. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

the setting is carrier specific. verizon customers don't have the wifi toggle available in the notification bar settings. other carriers apparently do offer the wifi toggle in their notification bar settings.
  9. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Is it not in the full list that you get if you swipe down with two fingers or swipe down with just one and then tap the squares icon at the top right hand corner?
  10. Coolhands

Coolhands Active Member

All there is...
    No big deal really, I only change it twice a day so it doesn't bother me.

Attached Files: