Wifi turns GraySupport

1. DCShadows

DCShadows New Member

Sony Tablet S
    Recently bought - upgrade recently installed
    First day wifi worked with no problem. Don't have a gmail account so wasn't able to set that information in the tablet.
    Next day wifi is connected but gray in color when on the first day it was blue in color (even after the upgrade).
    Only app installed was Angry Birds Star Wars

I have seen in other forums where the router may be b/n/g and should be set to n/g.

I have seen in other forums where the router may have all channels open and should be limited to for example 10.

I can't connect to internet or Google play. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Have you just tried restarting the router?

Also have you tried pulling the battery, if you can on that tablet?

Otherwise, lastly, try turning off the wifi on the device and turning it back on.

Hope one of these does the trick :)
  3. DCShadows

DCShadows New Member

Not to bore you with details but I played with my router's settings (mode b/n/g and security WEP and WPA)

My router is set to mixed D-Link b/n/g and security of WPA

SONY support had me soft reset by going to settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset. You will basically start your out of the box setup once again when it is done.

I was able to maintain a blue wifi for over 30 mins (previously not longer than 1 min) and I was given another fix if this doesn't completely solve the issue. If it happens again I will hard reset the tablet. From there I would have to return it to the store.

Hard Reset
    1) Turn Tablet Completely OFF
    2) Press and Hold (while off) the "+" volume button
    3) While holding the "+" volume button select the PWR button
    4) Release the "+" volume button once you reach the Android Menu
    5) Highlight option 3 using the "-" volume button
    6) Select option 3 using the PWR button
    7) Highlight "YES" using the "-" volume button
    8) Select using PWR button
    9) Once you are at the normal setup menu continue as you would if brand new out of the box.

Hope this helps