WIFI useage

Last Updated:

1. myet01

myet01 Member This Topic's Starter

If you want to use WIFI do you have to turn off "mobile network"? Or the minute you turn on WIFI does your browser automatically detect and use it whether or not the "mobile network" is on or not?

Or is there something else that needs to be done that I am not aware of?

Thanks,

Tony

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

WiFi is used whenever possible if you have them both turned on (and connected).

3. myet01

But do your applications automatically detect that WIFI is turned on and connected and then they use it? Or, do you have to turn off the "mobile network" to force them to use WIFI? That is my question, I understand if you can and want to you should have both of them turned on. Just as an FYI... I have my WIFI turned off as a standard rule so it doesn't consume my battery.

Tony

4. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Anything that hits the Internet will use Wifi, if it is turned on and connected.

5. myet01

That is what I specifically wanted to know - thanks!

Tony

6. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Put both the mobile network and wifi widgets on your screen. Turn on wifi and see what happens to mobile network. If I remember correctly, they will toggle each other on and off.

Nope, just tested, doesn't turn off the Mobile widget. Hmm, thought I remembered that it did.

But yea, if you have WIFI on and something wants to use it, it will use it. That is why you can't get SMS with wifi on, you need to turn it off to get your pictures over mobile. Same thing with Sprint TV.

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I get SMS with my wifi on. The second part I will confirm though, MMS and Sprint TV do not work with wifi on.

8. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Yea ment MMS not SMS.