Wifi widgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I turn on the wifi via widget (whether it be stock or beautiful wifi) the widget icon shows that it is "on"but it usually requires me to go into the wifi settings and waiting for the network to obtain its ip and ultimately connect. I wish the widget would turn it on.

Advertisement
  2. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Turns mine on fine both with the stock widget and the Dazzle widget I use.

3. birthofahero

Dazzle widget? What's that? Recommend? Link?

4. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, but it was my impatience that made me think that. It will connect, just takes a second.

5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

It's called the Dazzle Configurable Switcher. I've got it setup to turn on and off WiFi, Bluetooth, and Airplane mode. It also allows me to quickly toggle between ringer and brightness levels. Pretty nifty.

6. birthofahero

Downloaded. I like the way it looks, i especially like the ringer toggle, but its doing the same thing. I've noticed that when I go into the manage networks my saved network says "out of range" then quickly connects. Its like when I turn the toggle switch on it thinks its out of range, but when I "check in on it" its like, oh shit hes watching, and connects. Weird.

7. mrk1984

mrk1984 Well-Known Member

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but my phone has just started this problem. The widgets worked perfectly until a few days ago but now I have to open Tue network settings for WiFi to connect. I thought it might have been a new app I downloaded but I uninstalled recent and tried hard reset but still won't work. Turning WiFi off works with the widget though.

Any update on this problem? (if this has been discussed elsewhere sorry didn't find it using search)

8. mrk1984

mrk1984 Well-Known Member

Ok just reset again and widget works fully