WiFi WigdetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

Coming from a DINC to the Rezound. On the DINC the HTC WiFi widget would simply toggle WiFi on or off. I have found that on my Rezound all it does is open the WiFi settings page, from where I then need turn it on or off. Is this different behavior correct?

Please don't suggest other widgets to use. Not looking for recommenxations. Just want to know if tge behavior I am seeing is correct.....

2. ktez

ktez Well-Known Member

That's what mine does too - I don't really like it, I wish it had a regular toggle switch. But yes, I'd have to say its normal.
    Brent372 likes this.
  3. mched

mched Well-Known Member

Same here..no widget like the incredible had, at least not that I have found.
  4. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

That is the way of it. No stock single widget toggle that I'm aware of. You do have stock widget options however that do what you want.
  5. Dmark44

Dmark44 Well-Known Member

I really dislike the WiFi widget behavior change (vs my incredible) too. I always liked having my row of toggles and then the Quick Settings app on the same screen for diving deeper into the settings options.

Ironically when you go to select the HTC WiFi widget, when you tap 'Details' it says "Tap widget to toggle wifi on/off." Umm, that's not what it does. Makes me wonder if its a programming error vs a feature change.

6. silverlake

silverlake Member

What is a good app that turns WiFi on and off?
  7. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

There are literally dozens available in the market but the icons look out of place next to the other HTC toggles on the homescreen :(
  8. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

If you long press the screen and choose widgets and then HTC browse all HTC widgets, number 41 of 78 is power dashboard widget that controls screen brightness, screen time out, wi-fi, auto sync, and bluetooth.
    It will toggle off and on wi-fi and bt.
    silverlake likes this.
  9. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member