• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Wigdet

Brent372

Jun 24, 2011
Coconut Creek, FL
Coming from a DINC to the Rezound. On the DINC the HTC WiFi widget would simply toggle WiFi on or off. I have found that on my Rezound all it does is open the WiFi settings page, from where I then need turn it on or off. Is this different behavior correct?

Please don't suggest other widgets to use. Not looking for recommenxations. Just want to know if tge behavior I am seeing is correct.....
Thanks.

Coming from a DINC to the Rezound. On the DINC the HTC WiFi widget would simply toggle WiFi on or off. I have found that on my Rezound all it does is open the WiFi settings page, from where I then need turn it on or off. Is this different behavior correct?

Please don't suggest other widgets to use. Not looking for recommenxations. Just want to know if tge behavior I am seeing is correct.....
Thanks.

Same here..no widget like the incredible had, at least not that I have found.

Upvote 0
I really dislike the WiFi widget behavior change (vs my incredible) too. I always liked having my row of toggles and then the Quick Settings app on the same screen for diving deeper into the settings options.

Ironically when you go to select the HTC WiFi widget, when you tap 'Details' it says "Tap widget to toggle wifi on/off." Umm, that's not what it does. Makes me wonder if its a programming error vs a feature change.

GgpgRbKi

Upvote 0
What is a good app that turns WiFi on and off?

If you long press the screen and choose widgets and then HTC browse all HTC widgets, number 41 of 78 is power dashboard widget that controls screen brightness, screen time out, wi-fi, auto sync, and bluetooth.
It will toggle off and on wi-fi and bt.

Reactions: silverlake
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones