Wifi won't authenticate, Help!Support

1. cakorps

cakorps Member

Suddenly I can't connect to my home wifi network. Keeps saying wrong password even though I know it's correct. Password works on all other computers, tablets, etc. Just not this EVO. It would connect yesterday, but today it won't.

Advertisement
    :
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

hi,

are you rooted?

do you have at least gingerbread ?

did you remove or install any apps that may interfere/conflict possibly?

what router do you have?

have you rebooted your router?

does your router have the latest firmware update?

did you try and connect to your router by temporarily disabling your security on the router?

what channel are you broadcasting on?

are you using 2.4 b or g? some have posted gingerbread broke the 5ghz band on the evo.
  3. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

Yeah..this update definitely BROKE something. I have never had problems getting onto my home wifi, but now when I boot the phone it will not automatically hop on my home wifi like it used to. I have to go into the wifi settings where it tells me that it could not connect. I have to tap the screen to connect, and then it will do it...but it should do it AUTOMATICALLY like it has for the last 13 months. I am NOT rooted, and am using the latest update. I JUST put the patch on, so I hope that it fixes it. I have the option to upgrade to the 3D, but I don't really want to spend the money if the bang for the buck is not there. Cmon Sprint/HTC....FIX these problems!!!