Wifi wont automatically connect unless viewing list of networksGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rpeters83

rpeters83 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having an issue with my wifi not connecting. I have to AP's in my house, on different channels. They work perfectly fine. I have the wifi toggle setting on the home screen that I usually press to toggle the wifi on/off.

Recently, it hasn't been working after I disconnect from 3G and connect to wifi. It says the wifi is turned on, but it won't connect to either of the remembered APs. The only way to get it to automatically connect is to go to settings and view the list of APs. Only then will it connect to one of the two APs.

This is really annoying, as it seemed to only start this recently and nothing has changed. My wifi sleep policy is never to turn off. It's a droid eris with 2.1 OTA. Ran a virus scan, nothing. Any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. laptopfreek0

laptopfreek0 New Member

I too have this problem... Any solution would be appreciated.

3. rpeters83

rpeters83 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I eventually did a factory reset as I heard it fixes quirks after upgrading from 1.5. I had several issues (browser crashing, wifi not reconnecting, settings being lost/forgotten, etc) and so far they look to be resolved. I'll keep an eye on it though.

4. mooneyb

mooneyb Member

Same problem here. I am rooted running Ivan official 1.0