Wifi won't stay connectedSupport

Last Updated:

1. storm14k

storm14k Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having a problem with my G1 maintaining wifi connections. Since Friday it has started dropping the wifi connection and reconnecting over and over when I leave the phone sitting for a while. If I use it then it normally stays up. But if I sit idle it will start switching from wifi to 3g constantly and the battery will drain very fast. When it does this it the connection goes from connected to unsuccesful on the wifi options screen. Now after the RC 29 update the switching appears to have stopped but once left idle I wake it up to find it connected to 3g. If I use it constantly it stays connected.

It has done this on multiple wifi networks so I don't believe it is my home router. Could I be missing a setting somewhere.

Advertisement
  2. Dimath

Dimath Active Member

Same stuff. I guess when screen timesout (goes dark) it swith to 3G. I don't like it either, does anybody know how to change it, except turning off screen timesout?

PS: Just realized how wired it sounds - relation between screen brightness and wifi network. Probably G1 has some sort of general timesout after which it assumes the phone is not used and... do stuff, to save the battery, probably.