• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi worked for a week or so, then suddenly don't work...

Billwaa

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
Hi, so I am having trouble with the captivate that I just got over winter break. The wifi work fine at home, and even in school, all till last week. It connects but just no internet access.

So I did a factory reset, it work for an hour or so, then I set it aside. Then I wake it up again, and it is not working again.

What's with that?

The same sort of thing happens with me. Have you tried using it at a public wi-fi hotspot. For me that always seems to work. On my home router I typically have to reset the wi-fi router for the wi-fi on the phone to work for a little while and then it stops working again. My other wi-fi connected devices work perfectly fine though.

Upvote 0
Hi, so I am having trouble with the captivate that I just got over winter break. The wifi work fine at home, and even in school, all till last week. It connects but just no internet access.
So I did a factory reset, it work for an hour or so, then I set it aside. Then I wake it up again, and it is not working again.
What's with that?

I'm not sure if your issue is the same as mine but wifi has always been problematic with mine ..... even at home, 10 feet from the router.

Wifi just goes into sleep mode .... doesnt matter how long the screen is set to sleep at, or any of the wifi settings. Once connected if works forever if u continually use it. But if you let it sit, or the screen shuts off, it might not or might not connect after that.

You have to go to the top of the screen, slide down that main window, turn OFF wifi, then turn it back on .... back to working again.

It just one other bug in the long list of Captivate bugs or glitches .... i will live with it but another Samsung phone is never going to happen.

KC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones