• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WIFI XOOM Reviews

it will not do it at all, well maybe with root and some custom hacking it might

Probably not happening, since even the USB host hack is hurt due to the lack of adequate voltage to power many devices. The lack of volts confirms USB host was never intended for the Xoom.

Then again, the gTablet has USB host, but does not charge through USB either. Seems there needs to be actual power direction feeds from the USB to the battery module. No hardware, no hack.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I have to give my Xoom a temporary fail, because of the fact that yesterday when I tried to turn it on it refused to obey me. I now have a $600 paperweight. Maybe it just malfunctioned, but I think that instead the Xoom found out I was doing research on the Asus Rodimus Prime and got a little worried. THEN it saw I was doing research on the Nook Color, unaware that the NC was for my wife (who I found out later would have rejected it because she demands a bigger screen) and out of jealous rage committed hari kiri while I was at work. In any case I'm now left to wonder whether I should get a new one, or if I should just go for the Asus Hotrod.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones