wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. jmc55

jmc55 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i have a very low phone signal at my home. i've enabled the wifi connection but cannot get onto the internet etc. my settings indicate excellent signal from router. any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

does your router have password protection??
    if so.. did it ever ask you to enter it???
    Please give more info and details... it will help someone give u assistance.

3. jmc55

jmc55 Active Member This Topic's Starter

yes i have password protection and the phone recognizes the connection with excellent signal.

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

so.. did it ask for the password?
    I will assume it did. and u entered it.

did you try a reboot / battery pull?

I got nothing.

5. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

yeah, there could be a lot of things going on here. if you have a "n" based router, you may need to hard set it to "b" or something perhaps, or you could be using an encryption on the router the phone isn't liking. If it hasn't asked you for your router key, then things like that could be your problem, or even if it has. Also, you may want to reboot your router. beyond that, and what dan mentioned, you could reset your router, reset your phone...maybe try toggling airplane mode..seems to make a difference with the 3g connection anyways, so why not wi-fi i guess. also, is this with any app that uses a data connection? ie. browser, pandora, etc...if so it would likely help to clear cache in a specific app.

jmc55 likes this.