Wii remote on Incredible / HTC senseSupport

Last Updated:

1. ThreeFingersDown

ThreeFingersDown Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I know that there is an app to use your Wiimote with your phone, but it doesn't work with HTC Sense yet. Are there any other ways around this?

Also, do you think this problem will be solved with the 2.2 update?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

There are 2 options.

1. You can root your phone and install a custom ROM that uses different bluetooth drivers (like CyanogenMod 6).

2. Use one of the two bluetooth controllers that DO work with HTC Sense phones: The ZeeMote and the MSI BGP100. The drivers for both of these can be downloaded on the market (called GamePro). The full version of the drivers is 10 bucks I think.

I can say with 99% certainty that this will not be fixed with the OTA update.

3. Bing

Bing Well-Known Member

Are you sure the MSI BGP100 can work this way? In that case I may invest in the mod of it crammed inside an SNES gamepad...

4. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

What are the odds that this will be changed/fixed in the future? Anyone know what HTC did to the bluetooth to prevent it from working?

5. JULZZ

JULZZ New Member

I just jailbroke my HTC incredible and I have the Wiimote app working. I use the cyanogenmod-6 RC3 (CM6 RC3) rom to be able to do it. It's nothing as nice as froyo with sense but it works for playing with the wiimote.

What I have done is created a nondroid backup of my froyo rom and another one with the CM6 RC3 rom. When I wan't to play a rom I just load the nandoird backup for CM6 RC3 and when I'm done I switch back. It takes about three minutes each way but it's well worth it to have the best of both worlds.

If you find that you like the CM6 build then you can stick with that and not have to switch back and forth.

6. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

If you ever refer to rooting as jailbreaking again, you should be banned.

dabears900 likes this.
  7. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

has anyone tried this on FrankenRom