Wiimote controller app help :D

Last Updated:

1. rahumel

rahumel Member This Topic's Starter

Well I saw the wiimote controller app and i to use it super badly on my mytouch 3g slide but its got HTC Espresso which i heard is another version of Sense and the app doesnt work.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? also someone said to vanilla rom it but i dont know what that is, I'm sorry im pretty new to this thanks in advance for you help

Advertisement
  2. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

HTC Espresso IS the Slide. That's HTC's name for it, Slide is T Mobiles rename.

3. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

I have looked into this as well. It seems like the only way to get those Wii remote apps to work on the Slide is to root your phone and install a different version of android.

It has something to do with the way HTC deals with Bluetooth. And the only way to get around it is to root...

4. rahumel

rahumel Member This Topic's Starter

so if i root my phone and put a new version i could use it, but would it be worth it? May i have some opinions? I'm thinking about it, I also have to look into the other things about rooting, if there is a thread about it can i get a link to it :D

thanks

5. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

These links talk about some reasons why you might want to root (but i don't know if they mention that rooting voids your warranty):
    Five Great Reasons to Root Your Android Phone (This article may be for people with older phones because it mentions "a better keyboard" and "multi-touch browsing" - the Slide already has a pretty good on-screen keyboard if you learn to like Swipe, and it does multi touch stuff already - without rooting.)
    Why (and How) to Root Your Android Phone | Smarterware

There is a thread on these forums that should have some useful information:
    http://androidforums.com/t-mobile-m...evices-6-15-2010-how-updated-6-29-2010-a.html

6. RavenWulf

RavenWulf Well-Known Member

for all your root needs and custom ROM's here is where most of the Dev's put out their work and such including eugene373/BH_MAN... we even have a couple of real nice servings of FroYo over there... mmm Espresso and FroYo laying down Quadrant scores of 850+ (GPU test) and Linpack (MFLOPS tests) of 7.2 to 9.0 without overclock kernel
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=658