• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'll let you in on a little secret: the wiipad has been sold already, it is made by X manufacturer (iRobot as far as I can gather), rebranded and sold in a different country under a different name. So I must conclude that this is somehow beneficial to them; but I can't imagine Apple, HP or RIM giving their tablets a different name for marketing in different countries...

In any case, although the company, or distributor, that choses to sell that product under a different brand name may ask for different specs, the base line is basically the same

To illustrate my point:

Iped-300x216.jpg

wiipad-300x221.jpg

The 1st is an iPed; the 2nd a WiiPad...

Robert from Tablet Reviews

P.S. Not to be consufed with the WePad, an entirely different product.

P.S2. Enough with the XPads!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Dude we know this isnt the wepad since the wepad has pissed around for too long and still hasnt been released...

And you can not have looked for very long about who manufacturers these its quite easy to find, but hay thanx for your "2 cents" of spam for us dumb folk....

BUT WAIT... did you know theres different hardware in some of those identical casings... ie the rockchip 2808 the telechip 8902 the rockchip 2818 and about 2 more....

Go peddle your wepad/wetab spam somewhere else please...

Oh and the difference with the "wiipad" slim plus model is that at the time it was the first on the market selling the tcc8902 with a mali 200 gpu which does 1080p h264 hardware decoding..

anyway I guess thats enough ranting from me...

I'll let you in on a little secret: the wiipad has been sold already, it is made by X manufacturer (iRobot as far as I can gather), rebranded and sold in a different country under a different name. So I must conclude that this is somehow beneficial to them; but I can't imagine Apple, HP or RIM giving their tablets a different name for marketing in different countries...

In any case, although the company, or distributor, that choses to sell that product under a different brand name may ask for different specs, the base line is basically the same

To illustrate my point:

Iped-300x216.jpg

wiipad-300x221.jpg

The 1st is an iPed; the 2nd a WiiPad...

Robert from Tablet Reviews

P.S. Not to be consufed with the WePad, an entirely different product.

P.S2. Enough with the XPads!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
So VeNoMouS, and other guys who have tested these tablets out, which would you go with if you were to buy one now??

Thx,
Jim

well anything with a tcc8902 is good, stay the hell away from rockchip, theres been alot of development in the mod groups with the tcc8902 and the zt180's the zt180's are found in the 10.2's wiipad neno for example

I've been in talks with the guy from wiipad hes currently in talks with manufacturers about building another model, this one will have hdmi out, tho hes still using the same camera and resistive screen instead of capacitive which is a shame the camera is total shit its ok for video conf i spose, and theres a design flaw on the slim plus where its put on straight instead of a sight angle so you have to be at full arms length before your in the center.

the slimplus can play 1080p mkv with out any frame drop, tho the opengl es hasnt been setup correctly by the looks and gets a little laggy sometimes, im sure they will fix that in future firmware releases.

So yea, once again stick away the rockchips they are shit

Upvote 0
well anything with a tcc8902 is good, stay the hell away from rockchip, theres been alot of development in the mod groups with the tcc8902 and the zt180's the zt180's are found in the 10.2's wiipad neno for example

i've been in talks with the guy from wiipad hes currently in talks with manufacturers about building another model, this one will have hdmi out, tho hes still using the same camera and resistive screen instead of capacitive which is a shame the camera is total shit its ok for video conf i spose, and theres a design flaw on the slim plus where its put on straight instead of a sight angle so you have to be at full arms length before your in the center.

The slimplus can play 1080p mkv with out any frame drop, tho the opengl es hasnt been setup correctly by the looks and gets a little laggy sometimes, im sure they will fix that in future firmware releases.

So yea, once again stick away the rockchips they are shit

tyvm!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones