Wildfire can't enable internet sharing option.Support

Last Updated:

1. holloweyes33

holloweyes33 Member This Topic's Starter

I bought an HTC Wildfire. And I cant turn its internet sharing option on . I also did download and install drivers and applications of htc from htc official site . Please help.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I moved your query to the HTC Wildfire support area for you, holloweyes.

3. ephbee

ephbee Well-Known Member

have you turned usb tethering on from pop up when you connect to pc via usb, then check your lan settings in pc

4. holloweyes33

yes I heve choosen usb tethering as internet sharing. but it coluldnt turn it on

5. holloweyes33

Yes , finally I solved the problem. And I feel silly . :D
    I removed all drivers and sync applications from pc , and I backup my sdcard . after that, I reset my android system.( factory data reset from privacy settings. )
    Then I setup again 3g settings of my ISP . Then turned off wait 10 seconds and then turned on. I connect it to usb and then choose sharing. So, I think, some application that I installed before, had crushed to the system.Now it is working. ( It had made update also, there could be something wrong on this update also. ) Thats all. so may be someone have the same problem and doesnt struggle so much like me.

6. scorpio123x

scorpio123x Member

I have the same problem with Mobile Internet Sharing (tethering) and have posted a query here and on the Vodafone eforum.

I had it working on 2 PCs (my destop to test it out, then onto wife's laptop for use while away from home). All working OK then................it stopped.

First thing I asked myself (IT background) was 'what has changed?' Well, I reckon it's the Android system upgrade as you also found trouble after it. The solution being offered (after a lot of head scratching) is a factory reset as you have done but will i lose my data (pics not a problem), phone directory and apps?
    Thanks, Chris.