wildfire froyo update.

Last Updated:

1. chrisg4u

chrisg4u Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know if the HTC wildfire has been updated to froyo in the UK?

Advertisement
  2. chrisg4u

chrisg4u Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone answer my question?

3. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Well-Known Member

As far as I know its only the Desire so far.

HTC-F

4. steviecvr

steviecvr Member

I heard the Wildfire should have got froyo already :S, but my phone still shows no update available.

5. ndroiduser

ndroiduser Member

Hi,
    I just got a wildfire and simply love it. touch and feel is definitely better than the Omnia with WM.

From the various discussions, it seems Froyo is not for everyone even of the same phone model.

battery drain and sluggishness (surprise) seem to be a concern. think I will not rush in when it is out for wildfire. Not sure if it's possible to downgrade back to 2.1 if Froyo doesn't work for me...

cheers... :)

6. kamikaz1811

kamikaz1811 New Member

7. kamikaz1811

kamikaz1811 New Member

8. ThreeDog

ThreeDog Well-Known Member

froyo has not yet been released for the wildfire when it is i'm sure we will all know a out it.

9. Firdaus Al-Hashimi

Firdaus Al-Hashimi New Member

It's has been a month... Any news for Froyo update on this wildfire phone?

10. browney

browney New Member

Also after some more info please

11. rolks

rolks Member

chinese version is out, dual language cina and china-english, unrevoked3 dont root it, if you have rooted wildfire when you can get custom build froyos from HTC Buzz: Wildfire - xda-developers good luck

12. venkidwaraka

venkidwaraka Member

Any idea on when we will receive the FROYO update for HTC wildfire in India?

13. bad

bad Member

Got this email from HTC yesterday 21/10/2010

Thank you for your enquiry regarding 2.2 update for the HTC Wildfire

As of yet we have not received any report about the updates, so I'm sorry but I cant answer your question.

14. bad

bad Member

Checked with HTC to day 30/10/2010 and there is still no release date for the 2.2 update and the advisor I spoke to had no idea of when or even if the wildfire would get the 2.2 update all he would say is to keep checking the HTC website for news on updates.

15. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Yet still no Arabic support :(

16. dnlcllns

dnlcllns New Member

You need to Put the Device you are needing "info" for in your Profile.:D

17. lrboylin

lrboylin Active Member

yes i'm still waiting for the update, this is the only issue that i would say that lets android down, getting there updates to all handsets/carriers at near enough the same time.
    by the time this update comes to the wildfire, it will surley be outdated with the next update!!

18. bad

bad Member

I use a simfree Wildfire on the o2 network in the UK and at the moment there is still no update available I have contacted o2 but I have not had a reply from them as of yet but when I do I will post there reply here.

My advise is to check with your network provider before trying the factory reset, see copy of HTC's email below dated the 07/11/2010.

Thank you for contacting HTC Customer Support.

The 2.2 is available for the HTC Wildfire.

This will be received via FOTA (firmware-over-the-air). This means that the individual network providers will send the update to the devices from their servers.

There is no possibility to pinpoint the exact time when a certain device will receive the prompt to update.

You can try a factory reset to try and trigger this but please be aware that this is not a guaranteed way of triggering an update and will restore your phone to the original factory settings (data will be wiped).

Sincerely,

Karolin

HTC

Seems HTC have no idea of what they are doing just received this email at 3:05pm 07/11/2010 see email below.

I do apologise for the misinformation.

What was flagged to me as a FOTA update for the Wildfire is actually just an add-on to improve certain functions.

I have investigated when/if the wildfire will receive the 2.2 update for you and at this moment and time we do not have any official dates or comments to pass on.

If you would like to see the FOTA for improvements please view the 8th listing of this link:
    http://www.htc.com/europe/support.aspx

Again my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Well got a reply from o2 uk today they say as the Wildfire is not in there portfolio they would not be getting or releasing any updates from HTC for the Wildfire via the o2 website in the UK any updates must come direct from HTC and not via o2.

19. tomwrong

tomwrong New Member

...that Adobe won't allow flash to run on processors below 1Ghz.

Could this be the reason we won't see Froyo on the Wildfire? Personally I think you can keep flash off my phone thank you very much.

20. bristo87

bristo87 New Member

there are no update released till now in India.I think I made a mistake by buying the phone.Is there any hacked version for the same :mad:

21. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

On the plus side if/when it's released you won't have to wait for the O2 faffing about with it - you'll get the update as HTC intended not polluted by operator "enhancements".

22. bad

bad Member

The problem here is HTC said the Wildfire will get the 2.2 update now they are saying there's a good chance the Wildfire may not get it at all, but if they do release Froyo for the Wildfire this will not be done until the end of December or even later in the new year.

23. twdawson

twdawson Active Member

This is part of an email i got from HTC.

I am sorry that you feel that simply not receiving an update within a certain time period is reason to change devices, the Wildfire even on its current Android system 2.1 is a very good and functional phone with many features and at no stage does any of our marketing promise that we will update your phone and we are not contractually obliged to either.

That to me says it all and i wont hold my breath for the update.

24. fauxtronic

fauxtronic Active Member

They pushed another software update onto sim-free Wildfires in the UK overnight... but still not Froyo. :/

Although HTC made no contractual promise there would be a Froyo update for the Wildfire, their global PR and community manager certainly suggested it was imminent months ago. See here:

HTC: Android 2.2 Froyo by Christmas, no Android 3.0 Gingerbread until 2011 | Electricpig

That was certainly a major factor in the purchase of my sim-free HTC Wildfire back in August, and if they intend to go back on it, they can be damn sure I'll never buy a HTC handset again.

25. erakliton

erakliton New Member

I have installed, on my wildfire, ClocworKMod Recovery. To day i have downloaded from HTC a new system upgrade, perhapps it don't go up and installation don't go. the error is E:Failed to verify whole file signature E:Signature verification failed Installation Aborted. Anyone can help me? Thank you for interest to my problem. Excuse me for may bad english.