1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Wildfire missing some apps?

1. hessodreamy

hessodreamy Member

My sister's just got the wildfire and is looking for some of the apps she likes from my htc desire, like the world capitals quiz by mansoor babar, or the brain cafe geo quiz, but she says they're not listed in the app search.

Both the desire and wildfire use android v2.2. Is there something else with the wildfire which means apps don't show? Do developers have to specify which models their apps are compatible with? (I'm currently chatting with one of the developers to get to the bottom of his app not showing)

Advertisement
    :
  2. scrapbook

scrapbook Active Member

The apps market varies depending upon the phone you have. Some developers will not have marked their product as being compatiable with the wildfire resolution (that is not to say it isn't though). Other apps seem to take a tad longer appear because it is a new phone.
  3. cheesemaster

cheesemaster Active Member

I've asked a similar question and was pointed to AppBrain and FastWeb Installer... You can find quite a lot of stuff through there that you can't see through the "normal" Market App.

I've found a few apps that truly AREN'T compatible with the screen res :( - part of the app is not displayed (usually the part with an important button on it like "OK" ;)), but this enabled me to find stuff like Google extended text-to-speech for Google translate (what's THAT got to do with screen res??) which I couldn't get via the Market.
  4. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

Apps needs to be compiled against at least Android 1.6 (SDK level 4) and have the following in the manifest:

<supports-screens
    android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true" />
    chtamina likes this.