• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wildfire not booting

Beejayeff

Dec 27, 2010
My daughter's Wildfire has developed a problem ... when switching it on, she gets a screenfull of info as follows :
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.80.0002
MICROP-0622
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-3.35.15.31
May 13 2010, 22:09:43

FASTBOOT
<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN
The volume keys and power button have no effect; the only way to switch off is by removing the battery. On the same edge of the battery as the contacts, there is a little pink rectangle. On my Desire (different battery type), there is a similar rectangle which is white. Is this a dampness indicator ? If so, can anything be done to rescue the phone ? If not, any ideas as to what the problem might be ?

it wont damage the phone as the battery can only supply 3.7 V to the device and even then its probably only sending 3.3-3.4 the device can receive more than that and if the battery is damp or wet then the internal chips will be screwed and the battery DEAD i would get rid of the battery ASAP but this should be the fault you are having or maybe HTC have a minimal Voltage that the phone boots up on who knows ( probably not )

the phone can be salvaged easily by wiping the phone in the HBOOT mode

VOL DOWN + Power Button

then inside BOOTLOADER should have Wipe
but this will wipe the entire phone NOT the SD card
and may or may not fix the problem but its a start.

Upvote 0
Your kid's device has acquired moisture to the point of arcing internal contacts and being locked up as aresult.

Depending upon how long ago this happened, you may be able to salvage the situation by placing it in a large container of dry, uncooked rice to soak out the remaining moisture over night.

Next, use rubbing alcohol to displace what remaining moisture there may be by applying with cotton or cotton swabs all around any area other than the screen you can reach, including liberally around the volume buttons, and other areas with the battery compartment open.

Wait about an hour, then attempt to get out of that hboot menu by using the volume keys again.

Upvote 0
Sorry for my english:

My father's Wildfire has the same problem. And the same pink rectangle. I don't know what he do, but i "simply" use the fastboot command line and reboot it.

It works but now the phone is always booting in fastboot mode.

So, install the android sdk, then go with the command line in the folder where fastboot is (for example c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\) and whit the connected phone (you will see the FASTBOOT USB PLUG in red on the screen) give to it the command "Fastboot reboot". Probably the phone will reboot and start to work...

Now I don't know why the phone is always booting in fastboot mode, i simply told to my father that he never has to switch off the phone.

Upvote 0
hi!
i got almost the same problem, but friscos advice wouldnt help.
i dropped the phone yesterday. since than it only shows the infoscreen beejayeff talked about. no button has any effect. i am quite new to android, so i have absolutly no idea what to to :/

do you have any ideas?
thanks!

I was helping with a moisture problem, not an impact (dropping) problem. You probably broke your device and need to take it in for repair or exchange.

Upvote 0
I woke this morning to the same problem - the BUZZ PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.80.0002
MICROP-0622
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-3.35.15.31
May 13 2010, 22:09:43

FASTBOOT
<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

I removed the battery from my phone and put my fully charged spare in. It rebooted immediately and appears to be fine, other than the clock needing re-set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones