5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Hero

2 vote(s)
    28.6%

Last Updated:

1. Droidert

Droidert Member This Topic's Starter

I really can't afford a Desire at the moment, but I have been able to get deals for the Wildfire and Hero that cost pretty much the same. Now I'm undecided. Obviously, the Wildfire is newer, and will be more likely to be updated (and be a bit quicker), but the Hero has the higher resolution screen, making it more likely to be able to run all the apps I want to (on 2.1)

Opinions?

P.S. Wildfire - T-mobile UK, 3gb data; Hero - 3 UK, 500mb data

Advertisement
  2. domdym

domdym Member

If you have to choose go with the higher rez. Hero i guess. But there basicly the same besides that.
    I personally would save money for something better. There cpu's are slow. They both have low ram and low rez.reserve your money for something better

3. domdym

domdym Member

Double post

4. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

I had a Hero (now have a Legend), the Missus has a Wildfire. I would say Wildfire, as long as you can live with the screen res.

I know my local 3 store has them on show, working (not dummy display models), so try one out.

If you want a great deal on T-Mobile, I know how to get

5. Pandem

Pandem New Member

Probably not the best idea to post this question in the Wildfire forum.

I think though that the Wildfire is the better choice, as long as the screen resolution isn't a problem for you. If it is then automatically your answer should be the Hero. But there's very little difference between the two.

Wildfire has a lower resolution screen, but has more RAM, is lighter, smaller and better looking (obviously subjective). Hero has a trackpad instead of an optical trackpad. The Wildfire has more features present in sense but these aren't exactly dealbreaker stuff. If you're looking to root then CyanogenMod is in development for the wildfire. There are other options but not quite as promising as this one which will give you the stock Android interface and Froyo 2.2.

6. tiggerlator

tiggerlator Well-Known Member

Cyanogen mod should be the deal sealer. I got rid of my crappy x10 and got this wildfire to tide me over till i can get a desire hd, it is a very nice little phone. The track ball on the hero i felt felt loose to me, i think the optical is better.

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I have a desire, The Optical is not as easy to use as the hero Track.

Can you not get the Legend? The Hero is Old (but runs fast on FroydVillain Android 2.2 custom ROM). Better res definitely.

I cant' recommend the wildfire to anyone who really wants a desire though. All I can suggest is save up.