Wildfire S or Optimus elite for virgin mobileGeneral

1. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

I have the choice of 2 that are in my range. What do you think. I am common form a optimus v witch is rooted

Just curious

Advertisement
    :
  2. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

Wilfire S ins nice, but has VERY limited memory. You'll want a micro SD card. Ideally root the phone and remove the carrier's bloatware. AFAIK there's never going to be an official ICS upgrade, so 2.3.x is it. that said, I still like mine.
  3. cammykool

You only get 150 mb on the ov on a good ROM. I will remove bloat. But i like sense how much does it have?
  4. cammykool

Someone said the is takes 90 MBS and you have 150 to use my v has 175 and I have a 16 gig card
  5. kagevazquez

kagevazquez Well-Known Member

You will need to root it move all dalvik to the sd and then you will have enough space to lay you a little while link2sd helps to
  6. vipperstriker

vipperstriker New Member

The best option for the hTC Wildfire S is to unlock the bootloader, done from Welcome to HTCdev, and rooting it to get rid of the pre-installed apps and put whatever apps you do download to your micro-SD.

You need all the internal memory available possible with that phone.

Good luck.
  7. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

AS vipperstriker says, unlock the bootloader and root it. do a Nandroid backup after unlocking and before rooting, so you can put it back to stock if necessary.

Just follow the guide in the All Things Root sub-forum.

As a guide, mine's rooted and running WildChild3 rom. I've got over 40 apps installed (Moved/linked to SD card) and have 75Mb free.