Wildfire screen blankSupport

Last Updated:

1. niddrie

niddrie New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All
    Not sure if anyone can help but hope to solve the problem before I get bogged down in repairs/replacement dramas etc
    Basically my wildfire screen appears to have gone kaput and is completely blank, the buttons at the bottom make a noise but its as if the screen has just blown and I cannot do anything with my phone as everything goes through the touchscreen
    Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what would be my best plan of attack
    Thanks in advance
    Andrew

Advertisement
  2. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Have tyou tried pulling the battery out and putting it back in and restarting it?

3. niddrie

niddrie New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your reply
    Yeah I've taken the battery out and tried to re set it by using volume button etc but the screen appears to have gone completely
    cheers

4. palb

palb New Member

Happened to my sons Wildfire too. After an update (here in Europe/Sweden) to 1.37.405.1 Been searching for others with the same problem and found this thread.

5. chtamina

chtamina Well-Known Member

same issue here, any ideas ?
    DAMN!

6. northerngeezer

northerngeezer Member

Did anybody have a solution for this problem.

My sisters widfire has the same problem i.e. phone starts and screen lights up but nothing else. The buttons when pressed make a noise but nothing on the screen.

Any help appreciated.

I have tried starting with 1) volume down 2) volume down and circle button pressed but nothing

7. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

Wifeys phone is the same. This is the second wildfire she's had. Both screens screwed up. This is just 3 months old. My Desire is faultless, but hers is buggered!

Going to Vodafone tomorrow. Not having another Wildfire that's for sure...

8. ammie24

ammie24 New Member

take the battery out and put it back in again, hold the volume button down and switch on the power, there should be a menu that comes up, use your down volume to scroll down to the reset button and power to select. then up volume button to confirm, it will re start but you will loose everything, it happened to me on the first day, very disappointing