Wildlife/Nature AppsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jayceewuk

Jayceewuk Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    Just wondered if anyone had come across any good wildlife/nature apps which they are using on the Desire?

I'm thinking about identification aids in particular so, butterflies, trees, flowers, birds, mammals, possibly even tracks, rather than recording data type applications. One I've found that I'm using and so far seems to be pretty good is 'BirdsUk' which links photos with sounds and data.

cheers

Advertisement
  2. dancheesy

dancheesy Member

Hey id be interested in an app like this too, will have to keep an eye on this

3. Jhaeh

Jhaeh Well-Known Member

I wonder how many blokes have downloaded BirdsUK only to be completely disappointed that it's referring to the feathered variety?

4. Good Old Bakes

Good Old Bakes Well-Known Member

This would be a great app if it could show mammal tracks.

LOL. When you get to a certain stage in life, you find out that the feathered ones are all that matter.... :D

5. xoggoth

xoggoth Member

Going to release one very shortly called Garden Inverts UK that allows identification of common species by selecting number of legs, wing type, main colour and size. It is mainly aimed at children and has only common species but if anyone has any useable photos of obscure ones for the real naturalist I would be interested in extending it.

6. xoggoth

xoggoth Member